SUMMER / FALL NEWS
Welcome to the 2014-15 School Year!
To prepare for this new school year, we have done some hiring this summer.
Maconaquah High School will have a new leadership team.
Mr. Chad Carlson – Principal
Mrs. Stephanie Tidd – Assistant Principal
Mrs. Kayla Clemons – Counselor
Mrs. Brittanie Hatcher – Lead Nurse
Mr. Matthew Carnagua - Band Director – at both the high school and middle school.
Mr. Nicholas Atkins – Math Teacher
Ms. Lisa Copeland - Custodian
Maconaquah Middle School
Mr. Joseph Rife – Language Arts
Mr. Shane Clemons – Special Education
Maconaquah Elementary School
Mr. Jeremy Fewell – Assistant Principal
Ms. Kristin Candelaria – 4th grade
Ms. Tara Rush – 4th grade
Ms. Victoria Shone – 5th grade
Neil Hettmansperger – Custodian
Pipe Creek Elementary School
Ms. Elizabeth Resler – Counselor
Ms. Kayla Cottingham – Kindergarten
Ms. Katherine DeRozier – Kindergarten
Mr. Eric Stoff – Grant Writer/Public Relations
To prepare for the new school year, teachers and administrators participated in professional development activities.
· The Maconaquah Administrative Team participated in a retreat in Nashville, Indiana.
· Teachers and administrators from Maconaquah Middle School participated in PSTEM training.
· Teachers and administrators from Maconaquah Elementary School traveled to Nashville, Tennessee for “No Excuses University” training.
· Sixty-five teachers, administrators, and classified staff had Google training.
· IDOE eLearning conference.
· Project Lead the Way training in Indianapolis.
Maconaquah Schools – “Choose Us!”
June 23-27, 2014 - Maconaquah had a booth at the Miami County 4-H Fair.
Why should you choose Maconaquah Schools?
· Tuition-free admission
· Balanced Calendar – 2-week fall, Christmas, and spring breaks
· The only K-12 one-to-one technology district in Miami County
· The IDOE approved eLearning for the 2014-15 school year
· Collaborated with Purdue University in a $450,000 PSTEM grant
· MHS recognized by U.S. News and World Report as “One of America’s BEST High Schools”
· “No Excuses” University will be offered to all staff and students at Maconaquah Elementary
· Pipe Creek Elementary School is offering the Little Braves Academy – Maconaquah’s Public Pre-School
Maconaquah Schools – 50-Year Celebration - Saturday, July 19, 2014
Maconaquah High School graduates and community members were invited to a showcase of Maconaquah prior to the celebration. Those who attended learned about the history and depth of offerings throughout Maconaquah School Corporation.
· Pipe Creek Elementary School made a quilt detailing the fifty-year history of Maconaquah
· Every grade level from Maconaquah Elementary School shared highlights of their students’ experiences
· Maconaquah Middle School made a special presentation focusing on technology
· Four members of the MHS National Honor Society escorted visitors on a tour throughout the high school building
Over three hundred and fifty people celebrated the 50th anniversary of Maconaquah High School at the Milestone Event Center (Grissom Aeroplex). Maconaquah alumni, their friends, spouses, and staff members had a wonderful evening.